Thursday 2 August 2012

A Healthy Body Starts with a Healthy Mind

Hi All!!  Sorry I was missing in action for a few days.. when life beckons, ya gotta answer!
I was just reading a great article from Yaro Starak (love this guy!)about learning optimism and being a positive person.  What's this got to do with nutrition?  A whole lot!  When you train yourself to be a more positive, optimistic person, your failures slide to the wayside.
While a pessimist sees their problems as permanent with no chance of a breakthrough, an optimist sees everything as temporary and will always see the silver lining through difficult situations.
You have to come to the realization that there are many variables at play and understanding that they are all interconnected is important to success. What is critical is staying aware of your mental state before blaming and self berating sets in. 
So from a nutritional consulting point of view, I'm going to ask you "When was the last time you achieved something great?  How did it make you feel?"  Then I'm going to ask you "How do we get you more of that?!"  Set yourself up for personal success by training your mind and the body will follow.  I guarantee it!
A great quote from the article that sums it all up nicely is this -
Nothing is permanent so why dwell on what I don’t like about the present?
Many times over, in both my personal life and my career, I have doubted myself instead of stepping into the fire with both feet and now that I look back on those obstacles, the fire really wasn't as hot as I thought it was.  An example that sticks in my mind was training for a fitness competition after being out of the loop for approximately 15 years.  Because I was now 15 years older than the first show, I doubted I had the ability, the drive, the determination, the energy or the knowledge to do it.  Absolutely ridiculous now that I look back on it.  I live, breathe and sleep nutrition.  I know it like the back of my hand and have successfully counselled numerous clients over the years with amazing and life changing results - and some of those clients went on to compete and did amazing but I was now in a position I didn't like.  Once I changed my mindset, the attitude followed suit.  It certainly didn't happen overnight but the instance you make the mind connection that you are the only one responsible for your happiness and that it happens by letting go of the small stuff, you find your awesomeness inside of you!
One final note, the reason the negativity has a way of enveloping you and taking hold is fear.  Now is the time to look fear in the face, tell yourself that it is only through my positive actions that I can move forward and become the person I was intended to be. 

From a Happy Head!
Kristine




No comments:

Post a Comment